What is happening?
With the ever-increasing numbers of refugees in Lesvos, conditions in Moria Camp are highly unsafe and inhumane. Our project launched in December 2019. Of the 1156 unaccompanied minors, over 600 children were homeless, sleeping rough in the olive fields next to Camp of Moria with limited or no access to electricity, food, and other basic services and support. Denied medical services, legal support, and shelter, they are exposed to human trafficking, drug abuse, violent attacks, and sexual abuse.
678 minors registered
Tent by tent, structure by structure, the Emergency Support Team searches for the unaccompanied and separated minors in the Moria Refugee Camp and its surroundings.
We distribute an emergency NFI aid pack for each unaccompanied and separated minor we registered that contains:
– Hat, scarf, and gloves
– Long johns/leggings
– Hygiene pack
Over 200 NFI packs distributed
70 family reunification cases supported
Themida Legal Support
Themida is a legal intervention program supporting the family reunification claims of unaccompanied and separated minors.
- Legal advice
- Lawyer representation
- Age assessment
- DNA tests
Support our work through Global Giving
Global Giving is an internationally recognized crowdfunding platform, and the largest in the world for non-profits. It vets all projects and organizations seeking funding, and donations through the platform are tax deductible in the United States, and eligible for Gift Aid in the United Kingdom.
If you choose to support Better Days, your one time donation will be matched by Global Giving on March 18th, and if you chose to contribute monthly, Global Giving will match your contribution up to $200 (3 month minimum duration).
Volunteer SponsorSupport volunteers and community members work on the ground
- Support with accommodation and utilities
- Transport volunteers to and from projects
- Provide training to ensure high standards and professionalism
- Support with medical and legal aid for community volunteers
Minor SponsorSupport a child with access to a safe space,basic emergency aid packs and food.
- Provide safe transportation to and from services inc. legal aid, education and medical appointments
- Provide emergency aid packs for winter including clothing, hygiene items and blankets
- Supports with nutrition and food for unaccompanied children
Legal SponsorSupport with family reunification for unaccompanied or separated children
- Legal representation for family reunification cases
- Provide DNA analysis to prove family links
- Provide access to safe space and psycho-social support
- Support with monitoring and identification of missing children in need of legal aid
Medical SponsorSupport a child with the basic health checks, medical and higine equipment
- Provide hygiene packs for unaccompanied minors living in Moria
- Supports with nutrition and food to support immune system
- Provide medication and wound care to children with severe dermatological conditions
* Please note that the monthly contributions outlined above are representative of the work we do however we work in a volatile and uncertain context and your donation maybe redirected toward other needs. The examples above are indicative of what your donations will go towards. We also from time to time have sponsors who will cover for the entire need of a project for 3 to 6 month periods, for example a sponsor may commit to funding all legal expenses for family reunification resulting in excess funding being redirected to emergency response or educational needs. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Get in touch
Contact us here with any general inquiries or questions you might have.