WELCOME TO OUR WORK
Supporting the needs of
Better Days supports the needs of displaced children through various projects ranging from education, the arts, sport to legal support and creating community spaces.
Better Days is able to provide its programming through a special combination of staff, volunteers, and community members.
A school for unaccompanied and separated children in the heart of Mytilene. Gekko creates a positive, creative space to cater to students’ individual needs and passions.
The conditions in the Moria Hotspot are some of the worst in the world for refugee camps. We’re always ready to respond to respond to emergencies and urgent needs of unaccompanied children.
Socrates is a sports development program for minors that uses football as a form of social education, teaching both technical and life skills.
Legal and asylum case outreach, identification, and support for unaccompanied minors living in Moria camp.
A dedicated community garden, green space, and education platform for permaculture and horticulture.
How We Work
Social Emotional Learning
Learning is more than academics. Better Days applies SEL methodologies to help our students to grow socially and emotionally.
Trauma Informed Teaching
Migration and dislocation can be traumatic experiences. Better Days ensures students feel safe first, so they are free to learn.
Individual Education Plan
Some students need more specialized support. Better Days has dedicated IEPs for its more at risk students to chart their progress and achieve their goals.
Support our work
Volunteer SponsorSupport volunteers and community members work on the ground
- Support with accommodation and utilities
- Transport volunteers to and from projects
- Provide training to ensure high standards and professionalism
- Support with medical and legal aid for community volunteers
Education SponsorSupport a child with access to a safe space, education programming and PSS services
- Provide safe transportation to and from school
- Access to psycho-social support
- Individual schedule and education plan
- Provide school kits to students with books, stationary and backpacks
Legal SponsorSupport with family reunification for unaccompanied or separated children
- Representation for family reunification cases
- Provide DNA analysis to prove family links
- Provide access to safe space and psycho-social support
- Support with monitoring and identification of missing children in need of legal aid