Define Your Own Goals
Support Your Way
Every and any contribution to our work makes a difference in the lives of these children. With a contribution of just €0.80 you can help us provide safe transport for a student from the camp to our school for one day.
With Global Giving you can choose to
Sponsorship Through Monthly Giving
Volunteer SponsorSupport volunteers and community members work on the ground
- Support with accommodation and utilities
- Transport volunteers to and from projects
- Provide training to ensure high standards and professionalism
- Support with medical and legal aid for community volunteers
Education SponsorSupport a child with access to a safe space, education programming and PSS services
- Provide safe transportation to and from school
- Access to psycho-social support
- Individual schedule and education plan
- Provide school kits to students with books, stationary and backpacks
Legal SponsorSupport with family reunification for unaccompanied or separated children
- Legal representation for family reunification cases
- Provide DNA analysis to prove family links
- Provide access to safe space and psycho-social support
- Support with monitoring and identification of missing children in need of legal aid
Emergency ResponseUnrestricted funding adapted to the most urgent needs.
- Support with urgent medical or legal expenses
- Provide emergency NFI’s e.g. blankets, sleeping bags, tents
- Distribution of food, clothing and hygiene items
- Support partner organisations with ER programming expenses
* Please note that the monthly contributions outlined above are representative of the work we do however we work in a volatile and uncertain context and your donation maybe redirected toward other needs. The examples above are indicative of what your donations will go towards. We also from time to time have sponsors who will cover for the entire need of a project for 3 to 6 month periods, for example a sponsor may commit to funding all legal expenses for family reunification resulting in excess funding being redirected to emergency response or educational needs. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Better Days does accept in-kind donations either directly or through our partner organizations. If you have in-kind donations please contact us at email@example.com with information on the donation and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
If you would like to make a direct donation to Better Days, please use the bank details below.
Together for Better Days
Post Finance AG, Mingerstrasse 20, Bern, Schweiz, 3030
IBAN: CH26 0900 0000 6179 2576 2
Account number: 61-792576-2
Frequently Asked Questions
What will my donation be used for?
Once you select a support category, your donation is placed into a funding pool related to that category and cover expenses related to that category. Funding pools without any activity in 3 months will have their balances transferred to our general reserve to support the organization as a whole.
How else can I support?
There are many ways to support our work, and our students, including sharing our work on social media and to speading awareness by talking about the situation on Lesvos to friends, family, and colleagues. What ultimately matters is not how we offer our support, but that we do it at all. If you’d like more information on Better Days or to talk about fundraising support please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How much is spent of administration?
In 2018, approximately 19% of our annual budget was spent on admin costs, and in 2019 this decreased to 13%. We expect this proportion to further decrease in 2020.
Will I receive reports on what my donation was spent on?
Better Days will release reporting on the donations and spend in the dedicated funding categories above as part of its annual financial reporting process, and make this reporting available on our website. You can also check out the projects page to see our latest reports or follow us on Facebook for all the latest updates.
How do the monthly sponsorship plans work?
1. Agree to be a sponsor
2. Chose your payment method after you click on the link
3. Receive regular news and updates on your supported area
How do I make larger donations?
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about larger donations or if you’d like to begin a project, or significantly support an existing one.